AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hogs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 8/16/2018 21:04 (#6933424 - in reply to #6933411)
Subject: RE: Hogs

BigcCharlie740 - 8/16/2018 20:59
Abomb - 8/16/2018 20:57 Last few days it seems like the cash bids pulled the parachute and are slow descent instead of free fall. Futures going up, big time today. Supposedly more trade talk going on, am I wrong to brush it off and say I’ll believe it when I see it? So far it seems like that’s all it’s been is talk, or is there hard evidence somewhere of good things happening? ASF in China, I know this could be big but how big? How many hogs are in China vs US? Would this be like a pedv event? Assuming they don’t contain it, which they just had another case a long ways from the first one. Maybe it would force them to give in on some trade if they have a major pork crisis? If we ended up with it in the US would it shut down exports? What are some agtalk thoughts on what all is going on in the industry?
Commercial been stepping on the throat of the market Money flow today run over the packers..... bid / ask will be interesting at 8:29:58 tomorrow morning

The futures are so disconnected from the cash bids I'm not sure that they (the futures/CME) matter at all anymore.

August went off the board more than $12 over the ISM and Western Cornbelt bids on the same day.       You can't even use the hog futures for hedging anymore, its a joke.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)