AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My MOWER may have died
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 8/16/2018 18:02 (#6933090)
Subject: My MOWER may have died

The Craftsman I have been using for the past couple years MAY have died. It was a 42" 6 speed ---20--- years old. It was increasingly harder to shift. When the shifter snapped it took something else in the transaxle.

Would I be better closing my eyes and fixing this hard to turn, takes longer getting turned around than mow. I live on a very small lawn that takes 4 rounds around the house and another 5 in the front yard only. I travel 10 blocks and back, to mow a bigger lawn. 4 rounds around house and 8 in the front. I do have a walk behind string trimmer I could use but I cant walk that far to use it.

I thought of buying a zero turn which would probably be twice as fast to mow with. I saw Sears had one for $2200 or so for a 42". Other option is to hire the lawns done OR hire somebody to push my string trimmer.

If I can get moved to the big city and buy a house I would need a larger area mowed however. I guess other option is buy an older used rider mower for 4 to 600 bucks or so.

Since my chiggers have gone away with a huge dose of benadryl its time to go out and see if I can find some more, "OR" I could call local Sears guy come haul it to his shop and spend money to fix or pay to abandon. (I cant imagine much wrong with it, it still starts runs and mows"only in first gear") Other gears are there and good, just doesnt shift. Where do I go?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)