AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a new modem, now some devices won't connect to wi-fi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

cotman
Posted 8/11/2018 17:59 (#6924312)
Subject: Got a new modem, now some devices won't connect to wi-fi

NW Tennessee

My home phone, cable TV, and internet is all from one provider, CableOne. Last night I lost my internet and phone service. This morning a tech came, ran some tests, and determined the modem had gone bad. He replaced the modem and everything seemed to be fine, my home phone was back working, and when we signed on to wi-fi, everything showed to be connected. Here's where it gets strange: the internet on my Dell desk top computer is working fine, as well as on mine and my wife's iPhones. Our home phone service is working as it should, also. But neither of our iPads nor her Mac Books Pro laptop have any internet service. They all say they are connected to wi-fi when we type in the new password associated with the new modem, but are not. Also, all three of the devices that won't connect to  wi-fi from CableOne, work fine using her Verizon hot spot. I was on the phone with the CableOne tech support for 1-2 hours earlier today and then about the same with tech support from Apple. Neither could figure it out and seemed totally stumped as to how to solve the problem. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)