AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

16/31 Planter build
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Farmerjohn83
Posted 8/9/2018 19:30 (#6920758)
Subject: 16/31 Planter build

Maryland
I’m looking at building a 16/31 planter and I think if I buy a bar and units I can put it together for less than a brand name planter and it will be better. Any tips ideas suggestions would be appreciated. We have a $150,000 budget, and it must be central fill, have a liquid system, be a 16/31 on 15”, possibly be staggered for trash flow?, debating what type of down force system, and must have on frame Coulter’s. Also needs to be tough since I’m in Maryland and we have rolling ground.

Right now we are thinking a Harvest International 40’ toolbar which comes with central fill and a 500 gallon liquid tank ($60,000). Shoup units since they are more in budget ($40,000) but I don’t know if you can get them or even need them staggered at 15” or if they’re even narrow enough. Down force Air bags also for budget($?). V set meters 20/20 monitor and bulls eye seed tubes for the precision ($?). Keetons for the liquid delivery($?). And pequea on-frame Coulter’s ($?). Let me know what you think and what you would do different. Any money saving ideas would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)