AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader distance trip equivalent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/7/2018 07:20 (#6915905 - in reply to #6914699)
Subject: RE: Agleader distance trip equivalent

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Very interesting. I had never heard of rotobucking. As part of the video, I notice where the operator is pushing a button periodically. I assume this is the old manual method without the use of the distance trip feature. If so, I can see that this would become very tedious. If one had to steer the tractor AND push the button at the proper point, my results at least, would not be very pretty.

I'm a bit confused on the entire process. Am I correct in assuming that the rotobucking process is done to create the passageways for the water from the main ditch to individual ditches between the rows. I'm guessing that this is done after the crop is planted so the area can be flat for turning around prior to that time. Are these rotobucked areas flattened out prior to harvest?

I assume Ag Leader is aware of such a concept. Maybe they are working on something of this nature.

I have used an Arduino that can communicate with my Smartphone which can be used to interact with the sensors and features of my Smartphone. Possibly the phone could be used as the input device to setup the various parameters for the operation. This is out of my league but may be possible.

Edited by tedbear 8/7/2018 07:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)