AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble vs outback
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premoj
Posted 8/2/2018 09:26 (#6907004 - in reply to #6906635)
Subject: RE: Trimble vs outback

I'd vote trimble, but like you say it depends on what you want to do with it and what you have more support for. Depending on how your Loup Yield monitor is set up, you should be able to pull gps from any system with an adaptor (I did not come across a manual from loup showing the requirements), otherwise trimble can do all that you are after. Around my local area there are a lot more trimble/cnh dealers than Outback. I also sell and service them, so I am slightly biased...

My opinion on raven is the Cruizer family are good cheap lightbars, and I have sold quite a few Cruizers before the Trimble FM750 came out, but Trimble FM750 have held up better over time than the cruizer have, and once you start adding steering and other products (planter/sprayer components), the FM750 has held its ground better. The only thing I don't suggest the FM750 for is yield monitoring stand alone, and I suspect the Cruizer to be the same, as the memory requirements are very high and tend to overload. The FM1000 or XCN2050 (with FM1000+ app) would be my suggestion if you were wanting to run stand alone yield monitoring and the other products you are planning on using, but if you are needing to output GNSS to the yield monitor for mapping and the other items you listed, either the FM750,FM1000 or XCN2050 would be fine . The Loup yield monitor system has the same main hardware as what Trimble and Raven both use, just the firmware is different.

FYI the cruizer II series are no longer going to be available around December 2018, so product developement/new firmware will likely be done as well. The CR7 is taking its place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)