AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

phantom 3 standard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/2/2018 11:39 (#6907235 - in reply to #6907172)
Subject: RE: phantom 3 standard

southern MN
ringo - 8/2/2018 10:03

If it's an Android phone you can download an older version might get it going, you'd need sign in again.
https://www.apk4fun.com/history/124732/ 
On iOS it can be done but more tricky.
Or just download the latest firmware and be done with it, reversing that is considerably harder though so (almost) no going back.

They have made it harder to revert as they introduced enhanced control to stop people flying in areas such as near airports.
Most won't be affected and obviously you *might* be unaware of small airfields if flying in a less familiar location so mostly not a bad thing.

How near an airport is the actual restrictions with the newest software?

Back a while before the software was so enforcing, they had 5 mile rings and was it 1 mile rings around airports? One was supposed to be aware, and as you say that is a good thing. In more urban areas with busier airports, much more so.....

Friend of mine maintains a small grass town airport, he can fly a drone off the taxiway, as it doesn't appear on the dji map. My farm, and most around here, it is hard to have all acres more then 5 miles from an air strip. My farm is 'just' outside the 5 miles of one airport, but I couldn't fly across and look back at the field the 5 miles is so close......

The restrictions don't get mentioned clearly, as to what is current.

And something about needing to sign in periodically now to dji when out and about?

Paul

Edited by paul the original 8/2/2018 11:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)