AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone frustration syndrome
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 7/31/2018 21:13 (#6904378 - in reply to #6904083)
Subject: RE: Drone frustration syndrome

nw NC
Learn to fly with a cheapo before you get an expensive one. Wife got me a $40.00 SYMA X5C-1 3 years ago. It is basically a toy. I learned to fly it in the house before I took it outside. First thing you need to know about controlling it or any expensive one is to MAKE SLIGHT MOVEMENTS on the control sticks. Move them gently, slowly and not to full deflection. If you make fast, jerky, full deflection movements, you will go out of control quickly.

I bought a DJI Phantom 4 in January. It has a program to simulate flying it before you try it for real. You view the program on your control device. I use an ipad mini 4. I ran the simulation program 3 times and learned the controller functions well before first real flight. The touch needed on the control sticks are just as responsive and sensitive with the simulation program as they are in real flight. My first real flight with Phantom 4 was a piece of cake.

Great thing about DJI Phantom or Mavic or other brands is GPS controlled hover function. It stays where you stop it. With cheapo you must actively be observing it and be on controls at all times as it will drift with slight air movement or if you do not have it trimmed properly to hover in still air. Cheapo is great learning experience and will make you a better drone pilot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)