AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the Purpose of "Powered Antenna's" for AG gps equipment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 8/3/2018 07:26 (#6908507 - in reply to #6908246)
Subject: RE: What is the Purpose of "Powered Antenna's" for AG gps equipment?

Missouri
I'm just musing here. I do have an E Pro running a sprayer, and I'm not impressed with it's GPS performance. I have an available Ag Leader 6500. Even though it's surely not "supported" on an E Pro, I think the only hurdle would be inability to configure it thru the display. If preconfigured according to the correct parameters, if the receiver is powered and connected to the serial port of the display, it should work the same as any other.

It is not dissimilar to the experience of running current Ag Leader receivers on Insight displays. The insight display is unable to configure the receiver, and it is unable to connect to serial baud rates above 38,400. However, a 6500 that is preconfigured with the correct NMEA sentences and compatible serial port parameters works just fine once connected.

In my proposed hypothetical scenario, I would need to determine the serial port capabilities of the E Pro, connect my 6500 to one of my Ag Leader systems, configure it appropriately, and then it should work. It's not a priority project, but some day when I'm in a mood to tinker I will try this just to confirm it does/doesn't work.

I should download the novatel tool you mention and see how it works. It might be easier than configuration via another display.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)