AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fm750 yield monitor any good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premoj
Posted 8/1/2018 09:27 (#6905227 - in reply to #6896543)
Subject: RE: fm750 yield monitor any good

I have used both the FM750 and FM1000. I would not use the FM750 as a yield monitor. Now the FM1000 seemed to be a lot better when we tried it last year. The yield part of the system is good. it uses a beam of light in the clean grain elevator to measure the dark space to calculate the yield. Once you have the optical sensors set it works great, like any yield system it does not like green plant sap (giant rag weed/waterhemp) as the sap will get on the sensors and mess with the yield a bit till it gets cleaned off. That was a rarity for us that we had issues with that. The bigger problem was with the moisture sensor that came with the kit that mounted on the elevator door. Again anything wet, sticky, or a combo with the dust and grain turned the moisture sensor useless. My suggestion for anyone would be to use the moisture sensor that came with the combine or get a bypass type. IF you had that with the fm1000 it would be a very good system. Just make sure that you are using the latest software for everything. The later software updates were much more stable. The other big reason for using the FM1000 is data needs. I forget what the actual display hour to harvest hour is (4 to 1 at minimum), but on a FM750 you had better be pulling and deleting data at least once a day, or there was a very strong possibility of losing it, and we still had issues with lost data. The FM1000 we never had any issues with data storage.

I have not had a chance to try precision planting yield sense, but what I have heard and read it seems to be one of the better ones out there. That will be the next system that we will be using on the older fleet we have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)