AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD ATU
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

green'lldo
Posted 10/12/2006 19:19 (#50999 - in reply to #50038)
Subject: RE: JD ATU

As has been said compared to nothing, its a great system. We have 3 integrated systems & 1 ATU, supposed to fit another but still considering whether I have enough hair left after the last one before we install another.

Don't get me wrong it works great for some things. The thing that we found that's guaranteed to drive you nuts is if you have a tillage implement on the linkage & need to travel at a reasonable pace. We found you can get away with a fair bit with draw bar implements or slower operations.................but every now & then I'm sure the thing slips down to the pub for happy hour & comes back drunk.

When alls working they can be great, the adjustability is even impressive, but I'd dearly like to to take to the engineer that designed that resume switch with a big stick............if it wasn't for warranty I'd be hacking the wiring off that bugger & wiring it to an external rocker switch.

A lot of our early trouble can be chalked up to lack of experience with its various adjustments for different applications (& the setting can be very very different from one application to the next), when you get your head around these & what works for your particular operations & speed I find it can be fairly dependable.

The integrated systems require much less operator input, there's only the one variable that adjustable (steering sensitivity) which is easily accessed through the GS2 pro main screen without the need to double back through the main menu & original greenstar monitor pages. If you get it wrong the side effects are generally much more tame than a drunk ATU when you get its settings wrong.

We hadn't had any significant problems for quite a while till we install the updates a few weeks back & the GS2 desided to disasoiate itself with the SSU.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)