AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bluetooth keyboard in the sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/23/2018 08:51 (#6887245)
Subject: Bluetooth keyboard in the sprayer

We have been having a local printing company print up record books based upon a spreedsheet that I have made up. We keep the record book in the sprayer and we write the records in by hand.

I'm thinking about skipping the printing step. Instead I'm thinking about sticking a bluetooth keyboard in the sprayer and then sharing a spreadsheet with anyone who runs the sprayer. Then they can just enter the spray records using their phone with the bluetooth keyboard.

Does anyone else do this? I suppose I would want a keyboard with a numberpad ideally but maybe not. Would need to work decent with both iOS and Android as my main sprayer guy uses Android and I use iOS.

I will leave a spray book in the sprayer in case we have any issues so at least it can get recorded somewhere if something fails but I'm thinking that both of us are competent enough with and really prefer electronic record keeping that this may work OK. Does anyone else do this?

Do you have a keyboard you recommend? Do you use Excel, Google Sheets or Apple Numbers? I assume Numbers doesn't work on Android? I find that I really enjoy Excel but as I share more and more spreadsheets I find it to be somewhat limited in that if someone forgets to close it or if there is some glitch, it makes it so that no one else can use it so I'm thinking of switching to Google Sheets for all of my other spreadsheets. I hear multiple people can edit a spreadsheet simultaneously with that. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)