AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2366 conversion to bypass moisture sensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 7/22/2018 22:35 (#6886797 - in reply to #6884806)
Subject: RE: 2366 conversion to bypass moisture sensor

roaming
mdnelson86 - 7/21/2018 21:26

I have a Case IH 2366 combine that came from the factory with the old style moisture sensor on the auger in the grain tank. With weed pressure and more green material flowing through the machine the last few years, the moisture sensor has been almost useless (as soon as you go through any green material, it hangs up on a high moisture reading until you clean the sensor off)

I was thinking it would be worth the effort to convert it to the newer bypass style sensor on the side of the clean grain elevator. I talked with the Case IH dealer and they don’t find any kit for a conversion. Only option is to buy all the parts and start piecing it together.

I was thinking the sensors were all Ag Leader parts that communicate with the Case IH YMIU (this is a CAN system). So could I get parts from Ag Leader to do what I’m wanting? Do they have a conversion kit? Or maybe just a kit for a combine that came without a factory yield monitor?

Also, I’m open to other options if someone has a fix to make the original sensor work better. I was thinking maybe waxing it or coating with graphite to keep material from sticking, but I’m thinking that would probably mess up the moisture reading too.

Ask your Case IH dealer to look at PM-11765. This is a bulletin that shows the parts required for the bypass retrofit. There isn't a specific kit due to the various machine configurations, but the bulletin calls out exactly what you need to order.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)