AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What auto-steer works well on a New Holland SuperSteer tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 7/18/2018 05:24 (#6877466 - in reply to #6877389)
Subject: RE: What auto-steer works well on a New Holland SuperSteer tractor?

East Central, Nebraska
does it have factory guidance in it now (06+) or are you starting from scratch?

i plugged a trimble system into the factory guidance that mine has and it worked pretty well. this year i went to agleader steercommand and wasnt as impressed. one day when it got about 90 i re ran the auto calibration with the planter on and it steers a whole lot better. if i would have to guess, the auto steer revolution is likely the reason we don't see new super steer tractors. super steer and auto steer are not a good combination. As said though the trimble system i started with did a pretty good job. if you get the super steer weave calibrated out of it, that is about as good as its going to get. if your expecting to be half way through a turn and hit the engage button like you can do with fixed front in tractors your dreaming. in that scenerio you will either end up on the floor because it violently aquired the line or it will take a quarter mile to stop weaving and steer straight. operating a super steer with autosteer is an aquired talent. it can work very well but your likely not going to put just anyone in it and set them loose.

also years ago i put an agleader ontrac on one, that really really did not work well. good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)