AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie integra problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/15/2018 07:46 (#6870923 - in reply to #6870445)
Subject: RE: Hagie integra problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above is the correct way to set the low limit. An alternative method is "trial and error". I have used this feature on a sprayer and also on the spray system on my planter. I have a tip on each row of the planter to apply pre-emerge chemicals on corn and soybeans while planting. Sometimes the tips wouldn't "pop on" when starting to make a pass if the ground speed was low. Using the low limit feature solved this problem. I was overapplying during this time but that was more desirable than not having any spray at all. Once the ground speed picked up, the low limit was exceeded and automatic control worked as desired.

If the low limit is set too low or at zero, the system will attempt to restrict the flow to try to maintain the correct rate/acre, this may cause tip checkoff or a poor pattern at low ground speeds. Having the low limit set too high can cause excessive over application and essentially prevent the automatic rate system from doing anything. As mentioned, the proper low limit is different for different situations.

The other suggestion about being certain that control is set to "Hold" rather than "Close" is important. If it is set to Close, the system will have to ramp up the flow rate essentially from zero back to the desired position which will take some time. Having it set to "Hold" means the control valve will remain in its last position which should be close to correct when spraying resumes.

My experience has not been with the ISO setup that you have but with the Liquid Product Control Module. I would think that the ISO setup would be similar.

Edited by tedbear 7/15/2018 10:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)