AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's going to happen if I try to install Case Software on a Raven Viper 4 with Kinze software?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/10/2018 19:29 (#6861690)
Subject: What's going to happen if I try to install Case Software on a Raven Viper 4 with Kinze software?

I bought a Raven Viper 4 with Kinze software on it to try in our Patriot 4420 sprayer. I bought it cheap enough that I feel like I could sell it fairly easy and get my money back if things don't work out. That being said, I don't want to fry it somehow.

As I am fiddling with it, it looks like the Kinze software would likely run the sprayer just fine. I see auto-fold, AIM Command, etc. But the software version is likely a bit old and I just think I would likely be better off running either Raven software or Case software.

The Raven software install instructions say, "This update is not approved for Case IH users".

The Case software install instructions say, "This version is only for use with Case IH branded Viper 4 systems".

I'm thinking about trying the Case software just to see what happens. I have a hard time believing there are any hardware differences that are really concerning. I doubt I'm going to brick the display or anything. In fact, I'm probably going to do it before I get any responses to this thread but for the heck of it, I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has any true knowledge or even speculation about what will happen.

Any thoughts? Am I going to get myself in a bad place?

Thanks.

Edited by dpilot83 7/10/2018 19:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)