AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

martin
Posted 7/11/2018 15:29 (#6863552 - in reply to #6858844)
Subject: RE: Printer recommendations

First question you need to ask yourself, and answer.... do you need color, or are you satisfied with black-and-white?

From what I have read on AgTalk, you won't have issues with ink drying out if you go with a laser printer.  If you are satisfied with black-and-white, then I think you can find a good black-and-white laser printer at an economical price.  The toner cartridge will be much more expensive, but it will last you a long time.

My first laser printer is a HP LaserJet P1006.  Still works.  I keep it just to print envelopes. I use it for nothing else.  And I don't have issues with ink drying out.

I upgraded to a HP Laserjet P1606. I saw it on sale at Staples (for a REALLY good price). So I bought it.  My P1606 will print front and back sides (which my P1006 will not), and that is one of the reasons I bought it.  It is still my "go to" printer for when I am printing black-and-white text.

Now, if you need color printing...... you probably won't want to spend the $$ on a color laser printer, and so you will be looking at an inkjet.... and dealing with the issue of ink drying out.

If you have an inkjet printer, maybe you need to make an effort to print one page of color every week, just to keep it from drying out.  I don't know if it will be your answer, but maybe you could try it.

P.S. I don't have connectivity issues, but then I don't have an Apple computer either.   :)

One other thought:  maybe you need to have a separate printer just for the kids to use.  Then you can load your drivers into your printer, and not get them messed up; and the kids can have the other printer set to use with the Apple.  Maybe that is a solution you need to consider.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)