AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield monitor for 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/2/2018 07:30 (#6845719 - in reply to #6845400)
Subject: RE: Yield monitor for 2388

n.c.iowa
If I recall, I think the smartyield pro was about $2500+ the monitor.

I thought I saw recently raven isn’t selling them anymore, and support will probably be terminated in a few years.
Trimble had a yield monitoring setup, but I think they have discontinued that as well.

If your machine hasn’t had a yield monitor, then you have a blank slate. The ag leader yield monitors are kinda the go-to for those series of combines, all the way from the PFseries (we still run a pf 3000 in a 2366) to whatever they have nowadays.

Then there are the pro series(600-700) which work just fine, and will be kinda handy if you ever decide to move to the newer series of machines.

Then there is the idea of if you would ever want to get on the Climate band wagon, obviously at this time the PP yieldsense system would be the best for that. I hear it works pretty good on those series of machines. Although I’m told that the climate drive will work on pro series monitors on legacy, or mid range machines this fall.

I guess it’s a decision between just getting something to get by for the near term, or laying the ground work for something in the future.

If you have found a smart yield pro on the cheap, it’ll do a pretty decent job, but I wouldn’t let that from keeping your eyes open for something else.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)