AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey auto-guide 3000 problems persist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 7/15/2018 16:01 (#6871956 - in reply to #6851418)
Subject: update:RE: Massey auto-guide 3000 problems

northeastern Ohio
I think the problem is solved, but its hard to know for sure.

Mr. White suggested that I check the steering angle calibration. The C1000 monitor showed that the previous calibration was done 64 weeks ago.

The calibration records the angle by storing a range from 0 to 100. Straight ahead is 50. Full left is theoretically 0. Full right is theoretically 100. With the steering stops in place, it does not go to the extremes and will be somewhere between 0 and 50 for left and 50 and 100 for right. Mine showed 25 for left when it hit the stop and 75 for full right when it hit the stop.

Mr White suggested that I remove the wheels and the stops before doing a calibration in order to give it a wider range than it would normally see. The idea is to keep the value within the two extremes of the calibration so not to cause an error. For example: If the calibration showed 25 as being full left and it went to 23 when doing a turn after the calibration, it would cause the system to throw an error. So calibrate it to something like 10 and 90. Then reinstall the physical steering stops so that it will only go to 25 and 75, which would be in the range that the program expects.

I jacked up the front end of the tractor so that the front wheels could turn freely while I did the calibration (it has duals, so it is hard to turn the wheels when sitting still with a full rack of weights on the front). I did not remove the wheels, but I did turn the stops in a turn. Then I did the calibration. The calibration now showed 24 left and 76 right. Then I turned the stops back out one turn. Now it goes to 25 and 75.

I then went to an empty field and created a new wayline. I ran it for an hour and it worked every time. I turned off the system and restarted. Ran again with no problems. Parked it for the night. Started it this morning and it worked perfectly again. The speed steer even seems to be working now ( I don't really like the speed steer, but sometimes it would come on and I couldn't turn it off before this re calibration).

So hopefully this solves the problem. I remember doing the recalibration last year (as directed by a FUSE rep) to get working, but I did not jack it up or mess with the steering stops. So it is possible that a full left or right was causing issues where the value exceeded the limit. But this year the system would go down in the middle of a field when in the middle of a wayline with no major turns. So I am skeptical that this was the issue, but I really don't know. All I know is that it is working right now.

Thanks to everyone for their input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)