AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD variety maps to Integra for harvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/1/2018 08:00 (#6843815 - in reply to #6840882)
Subject: RE: JD variety maps to Integra for harvest

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The variety maps should be able to be created by SMS. They can then be exported to a USB stick to use with an Integra or InCommand 1200. They become temporary background maps for harvest. They do not become a permanent part of the Ag Leader. That means you chose the appropriate map when you start to harvest a field. It is then available as a temporary background map of varieties so auto variety switching etc. is available. If you switch fields you need to load the variety for that field. If you return to the first field you would reload it again.

I was not aware that this could be done with a Pro 600/700 in the combine. In talking with my salesmen, he indicated that he had used SMS to help someone get variety maps into a Pro 600/700 one time but couldn't quite remember the procedure. He thought that maybe the maps became part of the Pro 600/700 rather than just temporary background maps such as is done with the Ag Leader displays.

Through the years I've gone through various combinations of situations with variety maps. Early on, I used a PF3000 to make variety maps and printed them out on paper and carried them with me in the combine for reference. Later I went with Insights. If I moved the Insight from the planting tractor to the combine, the variety maps were already in the Insight and available for onscreen use. Later yet the planting tractor got changed and required an Integra but an Insight was still used in the combine since I didn't want to move the Integra and lose steering in the planter tractor during harvest. This meant I went back to printed maps. Now I have 3 InCommand 1200s and no older Ag Leader displays. I use the InCommand 1200's for steering and application in three tractors. One of them gets moved to the combine for harvest. If I move the one used for planting or do a backup from the planting unit and restore to the one in the combine the variety maps are on board for onscreen use. I never actually used the procedure of the first paragraph personally.

Edited by tedbear 7/3/2018 06:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)