AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 10 update, computer won't start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 6/29/2018 09:50 (#6840589)
Subject: Windows 10 update, computer won't start

East central Iowa

I had a lady bring me her computer to update.  She couldn't figure out how to do it.  (I don't charge older people, kids, neighbors, friends or friends of friends)
I let it run all night as we have a whopping 1.34mb Internet connection.  This morning the screen was black and nothing I did would affect the computer. After a  1½ hours I held down the power button and shut it off.  Pulled the plug, pressed the power button. Attached the power and pressed the power button.  

All it would do is run a constant small circle.  Let it run for another 1 ½ hours and rebooted by pressing the power button as nothing else responded.

It then said it was recovering Windows.  Finally booted.  I see that NET Framework 4.7.1 was updated and installed but KB4093119 failed to install.  There is not other antivirus on the computer but right now I'm running a scan with Defender.

It says updates are available, KB4132216 update to Windows 10 version 1607 and KB4093119 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607

I tried to access Restart options but all of them are grayed out and it's off.

Not certain what to do.  I've not had a problem updating my own Windows 10 laptop though it took all night.

Thoughts?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)