AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dicamba damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

new8010guy
Posted 6/24/2018 20:12 (#6831951 - in reply to #6831535)
Subject: RE: dicamba damage

Southern Illinois
farmindog - 6/24/2018 17:06

Neighbor sprayed dicamba, left no buffer. Label requires buffer. I have some damage. Also I would note that "vapor grip technology" is complete baloney, to put it nicely. Everywhere I have non extend beans I have some signs of dicamba. On some fields it seems obvious where it came from, some it is hard to say. I am a bit torqued that the label is being ignored.

I am confused with all this buffer talk. If the wind was blowing toward your beans the label says don't spray. If the wind is blowing away from your beans the label says he can spray right up to it. The only needed buffers per the label is along an area that might have endangered species in it like a ditch or trees.

Now most everyone knows there is no safe distance from non dicamba beans to spray it. So turn it in and be counted. If you don't turn it in your damage never happened. Just look at all the statistics continually quoted about complaints

I am also confused by all the guys that think there will be no yield loss. I definitely had yield loss last year. Anywhere from 0 to 30 bpa in different places. As far as I can tell yield loss can't be predicted at this point any better than you can predict which way the stuff will decide it wants to go. Both all depend on future weather and we all know how well we can predict that.

Edited by new8010guy 6/24/2018 20:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)