AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One big cart vs two normal carts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 6/24/2018 08:42 (#6830772 - in reply to #6830481)
Subject: RE: One big cart vs two normal carts

SESD
Regarding the mile long rows. It definitely would take more planning to not sit full. I also don't do any mile long rows, so just doing it in my head. It just would seem you would be running over the field with the least amount of weight if they basically stay with one machine. If you have 2 carts, the combines take off down the field and are full after roughly 3/4 of a pass. When breaking through, if cart 2 pulls up to dump the second machine and is empty when combine 1 is full 3/4 way through the pass and then combines switch and machine 1 is following and dumping on cart 1. Cart 2 can stop till combine 2 gets back to where it sits and stays with it back to road. Cart 1 stayed with combine 1 till 1st dump is empty then back to road. Both combines should be empty at road and carts dump. If the combines are staggered enough, cart 2 will have enough time to empty before cart 1 needs to and head back out to do again. This way, one cart isn't getting nearly a full load while the other gets less. Just keeps compaction down and keeps the most weight on them at the road. If same cart catches both machines, it's 3/4 full at the wrong end of the field while one cart is empty, or cart is full out in the middle of the field compacting all the way to the road. The fuller the cart, the slower you probably need to drive, so more wasted time that way also. If the cart can hold one round in mile long rows, I think it would be easiest and least amount of waiting to be one machine to one cart for the most part.

Will depend on yield obviously. 160 is a lot different than 90. If you can cut 1mi before combine is full, that could change things some, but to me, even if the combine isn't full, you are just keeping weight and compaction less if you dump in a certain pattern instead of waiting on a full combine dictating when you dump. So, the way I stated above is the way I would do it in any yield and just keep from hauling more weight around. If you only dump a cart that is half full, no problem.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)