AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow up on Rangepoint RTX and planting & EZ-Pilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premoj
Posted 6/22/2018 11:47 (#6827680 - in reply to #6827590)
Subject: RE: Follow up on Rangepoint RTX and planting & EZ-Pilot

I personally have 30+ customers running Rangepoint and locally everyone of them would tell you that RP is better that WAAS, and would not go back to planting with WAAS. In my opinion, I think it has a lot to do with your proximity to the corrective base stations. Where here in Southern WI we are something like 150 miles from the base station it works great. But I have sold to some in KS and IA before and it did not work as well. The other big advantage over WAAS is that your are getting the GLONAAS unlock for the year with the RP subscription which increases the availability but not the accuracy. I have one farmer using it for strip tilling, and he been happy with it.

This year we had some promos going on Digifarm and I tried it with my own equipment, there is definitely a difference between the 2 products. I was impressed, but would I do it next year, depends on the commodity prices.. But if I don't use DF, I will use RP again... It was nice to be able to plant some wet holes and not have to "shift to here ", but it was not a super big deal before either. I toyed with using the DF for sidedressing UAN, on my flat ground it worked nicely, but on my side hills and gravel knolls I still found myself taking control or having to nudge. I was not off by much, but the drift on everything is from the tractor planting to the tractor and sidedress rig, added up to just enough to catch the row. Without having some sort of implement steering that will always be the case on my farm. If I had 1000 acres I would say absolutely DF, but on 200 acres, I have no issues with RP. A lot just depends on what your expectations are... if better than I can drive it or if you want perfect guess rows every time in every field. That's the choice that customer has to decide.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)