AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My rant for the day.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

teach84
Posted 6/20/2018 20:08 (#6824483 - in reply to #6824433)
Subject: RE: My rant for the day.

west-byGod-Pa.
I hear Ya ! Not the only place. Traveling I-95 from Virginia to Orlando-summer of '14, Ten o'clock at night, South Carolina, right lane car went airborne for a second then hit so hard should've taken the wheels clean off. Did do some damage to idiot light functions, two of which remain on to this day. Never could understand why there was no warning or lane blocked off. The worst I have ever hit. Meant to com-plain to SC Road administration, but forgot. Had the same kinda experience another year with straight-frame International flat bed hauling seven pallets of rock salt-wintertime. Boss had told me to not take tarp, but I took it anyway-glad I did. Southbound on I-79 south of Pittsburgh, truck went airborne! Why? I thought for about 1/4 second. BOOM ! Really bad spot in right lane. How it did not take rear axle out I do not know. Same thing....no warning. Got back to feed mill, got out, & could not see rear pallet -(had been set in middle of the back end)- Turns out, salt bags came off pallet & only thing that kept them from ending up all over the highway was that tarp ! Lesson learned ! one bag hung on the center tarp rope underneath the bed ! Boss said nothing. Saved his ..........by my diligence !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)