AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China vs USA economy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 6/20/2018 16:51 (#6824050 - in reply to #6824001)
Subject: Quality over cheap quantity

Nebraska aka the boondocks
There is more to this than the “cost,” there is also the quality aspect. How long does it last? I bought USA made bearings for my Hawkins fertilizer applicator this spring, fact they cost more than the Chinese ones from Napa, but they lasted longer. I have a pair of 2008 agave dress jeans that cost $180 at von maur, fact I still wear them for work jeans because they are real denim, the cheap junk doesn’t last. I could go on and on. Yes Chinese made stuff is cheap, it ends right there. How about buying something that lasts! We bought a dining room set from the Amish outlet store in grand island in 2007, it was very expensive, it will last for 500 years if people take care of it. Quality is better than quantity every time. If someone can name a product that you can only by from China I would like to know what it is... in any business if the demand shifts to another supplier you get left high and dry, China is not the only game in town, they are not the only source of cheap labor. And they sure are not synonymous with quality.

Edited by McHusker 6/20/2018 16:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)