AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*******Weigh Ins 6/17/18*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Erik KS
Posted 6/17/2018 08:03 (#6816981)
Subject: *******Weigh Ins 6/17/18*****

Good Morning,

Like so many of you I have looked to this thread for several years, it gave me hope and inspiration to begin a weight loss journey with my wife that I once thought was not possible. I have been obese nearly my entire life, finally realizing I needed to make life style changes last fall as my 30th birthday was approaching in February and I was beginning to have problems with gout and high blood pressure. I was ready to consider weight loss surgery, but my wife, Amanda, is an RN and encouraged me to try diet and exercise before we explored surgery more in depth. With the help of her sister she setup a diet plan for us, using protein throughout the day and a normal supper avoiding carbs. We bought a treadmill and exercise bike and started exercising through the winter months. When we started this journey together in December of 2017 I was at 333 and Amanda 310, today I am at 243.4 with a 89.6lbs loss and Amanda is at 236.6 with 73.4lbs loss. We still have a ways to go to our goals for weight loss and then the daunting task of maintaining weight once our goals are achieved but this has truly given us a new lease on life. I am eternally grateful for Debs dedication to this thread and while it occurs to me that perhaps I over stepped my bounds in offering to take over the thread it is my sincere hope that we can continue to encourage and support one another to lead healthier lifes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)