AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gen 3 20/20 and fieldview post planting questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

whitegt94
Posted 6/14/2018 20:35 (#6813203)
Subject: Gen 3 20/20 and fieldview post planting questions

NW Iowa
First year running both precision equipment on our planter and fieldview. Overall happy with both but had some hiccups a few times with 20/20 rebooting and doing some odd stuff that usually was solved with redetecting modules or a restart. The fieldview side of things the iPad would randomly quit recording and it changed the crop type but said the correct variety after it was just changed on the 20/20. I am looking back on our data and maps in the FieldView Cab app and noticing a lot of the fields are short on the acres and some of the data/maps have changed a few times since it was first recorded. Some variety’s are now “unknown” and some of the maps are missing in certain parts of the field. When the iPad was connected to the 20/20 I know the acres were right on but it seems the data is off now. We have a plus subscription on fieldview and I’m seeing differences on climates web based site, the cab app, and regular fieldview app. Also seems to be different on different devices—iPad that was in the tractor and connected to 20/20 vs my phone or another iPad. Just curious if this is just nature of the beast with fieldview and precision stuff talking back and forth or just a Gen 3 20/20 problem or now that precision and climate are separate that communications between softwares isn’t quite there.

We will be installing a YieldSense kit on the combine and don’t want problems this fall if there are bugs that need to be worked out or we have a issue that we aren’t seeing. I can tolerate missing some stuff on the planter side but I don’t want to be losing yield data.

I realize I can export all my data off the 20/20 and that should be correct. I could then manually import that to fieldview but that kind of defeats the purpose of the plus subscription and cloud sync. I have sms software and will be exporting 20/20 data into that eventually as well.

Anyone else have similar stuff happen? Someone from precision or fieldview have any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)