AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Bureau and FFA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mostlyred
Posted 6/13/2018 18:43 (#6810893 - in reply to #6810491)
Subject: RE: Farm Bureau and FFA

Farm in WC Iowa
I’m not familiar with their dealings with the ffa but my out look on FB is as such,
From my understanding they don’t directly help any farmer. THey are more of a help create awareness for farm issues.
I would compare it to cancer charities.
Some charities spend a good portion of their $ on actually helping cancer patients and working on a cure.
Then there are cancer awareness organizations. I believe livestrong is one of them. THey do a good job at getting people aware that there is a thing called testicular cancer, and men’s health related concerns. That does not mean that amuch or any money actually gets spent supporting patients survivors or funding education to help eradicate cancer.

IMO Farm Bureau is like the latter. They work on awareness but don’t assist farmer in need directly.
As to how this may influence their dealings with the FFA they probably had too much money and needed to do something with it.

Full disclosure my family/I would have a bias. My Grandparents went through a rough patch in the late 70’s-early 80’s. Farm bureau was now where to be found when many farmers needed assistance during those years. My grandparents are honest, compassionate, and selfless. Their opinion was FB did not share the same values.
It is nice that FB support youth programs. In Iowa I think they buy all 4-h and FFA exhibitors T-shirt’s. They also support hs state athletic events and promote sportsmanship. But like I said it’s just to create awareness. Be aware that they will want to profit from you later in life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)