AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of winter Montana ski/dude ranch vacation. Who knows the area?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CHFMN
Posted 6/11/2018 10:24 (#6806225 - in reply to #6805922)
Subject: RE: Thinking of winter Montana ski/dude ranch vacation. Who knows the area?

WCMN
If your driving there’s lots of options! I love the drive across hwy 2 you get glimpses of glacier and you could stop and cross country ski in Essex at the Izaak Walton inn. It’s not typical cross country skiing because of terrain and lots of powder. Enjoyable snowshoeing also! Then into whitefish for wonderful food and skiing. The whitefish lake golf course always sets up a lighted night cross country ski course as well! The night skiing on whitefish mountain is lots of fun too! If you’re looking to start a little slower into the downhill mountain skiing I would drive 45 miles south of whitefish drive along flathead lake to lakeside mt and go up to blacktail mountain skiing! It’s a smaller hill with more beginner to intermediate skiing! Stop at tamarack brewing on your way down for wonderful food and beer! I recommend the wait if they are really busy it’s worth it! I lived in Kalispell area for 11 years and now vacation there when not running family farm in mn
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)