AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3240 Patriot sprayer with Raven Hawkeye pump"hammer" issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 6/12/2018 08:15 (#6808227 - in reply to #6807454)
Subject: RE: 3240 Patriot sprayer with Raven Hawkeye pump"hammer" issues

Delta
Hogsforever - 6/11/2018 20:09

Yah i figured changing the flow meter cal # wont do anything. I have tried to change my response rate when i get that hammering sound. Ive increased it, the max is 70, and had no success it still wanted to hammer. My min and max are so close because im sidedressing through homemade drops via bypass system and dont want to blow stuff apart. Ive found that if i put my min at 40 psi it prevents the problem more often than not. When spraying post emerge in standard mode id like to run between 30-40 psi, but cant run below 60 or the pump hydraulic hammers. Tips are 06, spacing is 20", rate is 10gpa and speed is however high i set my pressure.
Basically heres a rundown. When the pump hammer starts it sounds like a grinding noise almost. I can feel it in the steering wheel and even through the floor. If i get out and look under the machine at the product pump the hydraulic lines going to the motor are vibrating violently. If i leave the pump on long enough the noise will stop and go into limp mode and i get 25 psi no more. Restarting the machine does nothing. Last year it was total crap and all i could ever get was 25 psi. This year it seems better after the dealer did something last fall i cant recall what. This year i can run til about noon without it doing it. It also seems to do it if i slow down to count rows, change lines, etc. Itll do it when spraying product and when not. Also if i hear it starting, i can quickly try to get to where i need to spray, go like hell to run up my pressure, and itll run as normal. So far we've replaced the product pump, pwm valve, and whatever else they did last fall it was either an update or valve or solenoid. I doubt its in the settings. We think its hydraulic. How can it work sometime and then just crap out after a few hrs? Also think its a lemon and probably gonna send it down the road. Sure be nice to solve it though its an awesome sprayer. Edit to add: i doubt the impeller is spinning on the shaft. It wasnt on the first pump we replaced and case ih threw a fit when they had to warranty a new pump. Filters are clean too. Could it be the hytran or a hydraulic line cavitating?

Is boom supply valve all the way open? Is the pump getting starved for solution ? Check all your shutoffs under the machine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)