AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 1250 pro 600 funny issue resolution
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KenC
Posted 6/3/2018 11:13 (#6792869)
Subject: CIH 1250 pro 600 funny issue resolution

Jefferson, SD

I've had a goofy issue that seemed to start after driving home in a rain storm.  Drove about 6 miles in a down pour so everything got soaked(I do my best to never leave the planter out in the rain).  Sat in the shed for a few days and when I folded out the next time I got the "ECU rate controller" error.  Did some looking around through the diagnostics pages.  While I was doing this parked in the yard I noticed that wheel sensor speed was going from 2mph to 14mph.  Then the error telling me the left wheel sensor was not detecting speed(which meant the right one was bad).  The ecu rate sensor was only showing .2v so I figured the wheel sensor was shorting things out.  Shut things down and called dealer to confirm they had a wheel sensor.  Decided to put the planter away while I went to get the part.  Started up and all errors were gone.  Ecu voltage was 13 which is within the normal range.  Folded up and parked in shed.  Installed new wheel sensor anyway and planted a couple fields.  All worked good.  The next day I started up and had the same errors.  Now I'm thinking it's the other wheel sensor (I have 2).  Called service tech and he agrees it must be the other sensor.  Replaced, all went well as I finished up planting.
Yesterday I had to patch in some replants.  Got the same error at start up.  Restarted a couple times and errors all went away.  Planted one planter fill and was waiting for seed.  Taking lids off (row box version) and I bump row 10 (has box level sensor), I notice the hex shafts turn and it drops seed.  There are 2 wires on this sensor and upon inspection they were shorted together(hard to see).  Did some experimenting and with it plugged in and shorted, I was getting ground speed while parked.  Unplugged the sensor and all voltages are good etc.  It appears this was causing all the trouble.  I'm not sure why this would trigger ground speed but I repeated it enough times that I'm confident it was.

Just thought I'd share a goofy learning experience.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)