AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Coupe 4440 raven 440 to 660 issues for dry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

vardaman
Posted 6/1/2018 22:28 (#6790516)
Subject: Spray Coupe 4440 raven 440 to 660 issues for dry

SW Iowa, Clarinda
Okay, Long story short, I'm building a cover crop seeder (turnips and tillage radishes into standing corn) using a 4440 spray coupe (removed spray components) and replaced tank with valmar 2455 hydraulic air seeder. I have everything working except a few things with the raven Controller......Original spray coupe 4440 had a Raven 440 controller, and I had to replace it with a Raven 660 controller.......my issue here is the Spray Coupe 440 wiring had a flat 3 pin harness that brought power to the 440 console.....So I used these wires and ran them to pin 1 (ground) and pin 16 power .(using the outside wires from the 3 pin weatherpak) on the main 16 pin harness to the raven....pin 1 and 16 were blanked out...................but I'm getting funky issues with the power on the console........when I turn off the master switch and/or the boom valves (wired to the clutches of the seeder for seed roll)...then the 660 consule looses all power........so I am wondering if its back feeding power back from the boom valves and that I should have used the orange wire instead of the red wire from the 3 pin weatherpak to bring power into pin 16 for power...........
Issue 2......I can't get the metering rolls to move yet from the spray coupe......but I think it may be because I grabbed the wrong wire from the 3 pin weatherpak that originally went to the left and right boom switch......I used the outside left because my test light lit up when switched on, but am wondering if I grabbed the negative 12 volt signal........maybe I should have used the middle wire of the 3 pin weatherpak to actuate the clutches on the air seeder using the left or right boom switch........but I don't recall if it lights up the test light when switched on............
Any help would be appreciated......Brothers implement in Friend NE has been very helpful till now, but they are out of commission until monday........
Thanks
Vardaman
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)