AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader Incommand sprayer control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mit9750
Posted 6/3/2018 11:28 (#6792903 - in reply to #6792524)
Subject: RE: Ag leader Incommand sprayer control

Im sure i have pushed the Viper 4 beyond its intended use,, but im in a custom operation. I never know what field i may or may not be in,, so i load all that i have. So that is like 100 ish clients & 1100 ish fields with boundaries. Unlike many coops that use raven,, i just cant use a timestamp for a job & push next next next go go go shove stick fwd.

Having experience with Deere & Ag Leader displays,, have a structured format is nice. Client/Farm/Field.

So viper 4 now has that format. So i pull into a 150 ac field. I see the field on my screen. Set my tank mix up if it changed from last load. Tap the field,, it says whos it is & boundary turns red. Tap again & wait. And wait ,,,,wait some more. Unfold booms. Drink some coffee ,,, wipe dash off. Ck text message. Send snapchat to buddies. And anywhere from 3 to 9 minuets later it opens an says i can push the green play button.

Good grief Charlie Brown!! A 2600 display did this same thing in a blink of an eye in 2007 with just as many clients!! And I could load up just about anyone’s AB lines. And I could take data an use it

Say someone wants to add brand X wonder stuff to half the field & track it during harvest. Easy. I can take this as Applied map ,, add the new product to the half it’s going on & load it on a combine for them.

Sure a raven works. I still don’t rhink a viper pro is any better than an old 440 box. In fact,,, id rather just have that and the lightbar. At least i knew I wasn’t gonna be able to save anything or have any steering other than chasing lights.

Trying to get an A model RG1100 to steer straight with raven is like trying to staple water to a tree
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)