AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

adding a graphics card, will it be of value?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 6/1/2018 16:52 (#6789965 - in reply to #6784925)
Subject: RE: adding a graphics card, will it be of value?

Glenwood, Mn
I've run Nvidia Quadro cards since... Well forever. The k series are a good card but severely dated. The most recent are in order of release Kepler, Maxwell and Pascal. The letter before the card number is the architecture. So the k620 is a Kepler .

At any rate, if you have integrated graphics , going to a k6xx will feel like a big upgrade in rendering (I mean big). I actually have one CAD station for the intern that has a k600 and it will hold it's own for the intern type work. Buying new, old stock on eBay is where I find some deals on stuff. You should be able to get into a NOS k600 for under $60 or a k620 for $100 if you watch. Used prices are significantly less and if you buy from a reputable seller. I wouldn't be afraid of used for the Quadro cards. I've personally never seen one go "bad". Gaming style cards on the other hand.......

Edit:
If it were me I would opt for a used k600 or k620 from a reputable eBay supplier. There are tons of k600's in that $40 range on ebay. If it ever goes to pot, you can always rely on your integrated until a different one shows up.

Edited by Joe@RFDG 6/1/2018 16:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)