AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Planting vs. Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 5/26/2018 11:28 (#6779303 - in reply to #6779179)
Subject: RE: Precision Planting vs. Ag Leader

East Central, Nebraska
with the incommand you can put a variety in every single row if you want. precision planting has some nice features i ran a 20/20 beside an agleader incommand this year just so i can say have tried them both. the 20/20 had a nice 1980s feel to it that you don't see much anymore. in my opinion agleader always wins as far as displays go. not only that but you can do about anything else with the incommand that you want including steering, harvest, application control about any product including manure and dry fertilizer or whatever else, tile, coverage logging, spraying and whatever else all for paying the one price for the display. multiproduct is a nice unlock that will allow you to control several products at once, which seems like an extra expense but really what does precison do extra? when comparing display prices you don't pay extra for the incommand multiproduct unlock, and best of all if you want to do mapping with the agleader system you don't have to hand your data over to monsanto, or anyone else that wants to see it. i had a person representing monsanto tell me the other day what a guy (whom i don't care too much for) was planting on a field next to me and what that field yielded last year, not cool... even if i don't care for the guy, still not cool.

that is my opinion of the monitors, as for planter features precision planting will likely take the clear win on that. i dont like how agleader is still using a drive chain, their drive is bulky and not all that easy to deal with when changing things around. their downforce is downforce only which i learned i need none of this season. in my situation lift was required always. if someone was just going to dip their toe in the water on planter upgrades i would say wave vision seed sensors are the fricken bomb. i don't know that i have ever been so happy with a product.

if agleader would come out with a decent downforce/lift system i would dump my precision planting 'monitor' equipment immediately, for now i guess i will let it do the downforce control and let the agleader do the rest. i also went with a precision vset meter this year which is amazing. i ran them with graham electric drives (that story is for another day).

as you can see i have a huge problem with someone else taking my data but precision has some nice things going on. it is possible that with precisions newest display maybe i could get swayed over that direction but due to the data EULA and the fact this monitor isn't as versitile as the agleader i will have to stick with agleader in the future hands down.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)