AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Viper Forklift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 5/25/2018 22:24 (#6778731)
Subject: Viper Forklift

Paxton, IL
I’ve been in the market for a better forklift for a while now, but haven’t found one yet with the right combination of options that I’m looking for.

While searching again, i stumbled across Illinois lift equipment today. They have quite a few viper forklifts (mostly brand new). Upon further research, it looks like viper is their own in house brand. They seem pretty good to look at and the price looks pretty reasonable. I’m just wondering if anyone has one and what they’re thoughts are about them?

I’m specifically looking at a diesel 6000# version (looks like it would be their FD30 model) looks like that model uses a tier 4 Cummins motor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jmriley80
Posted 5/27/2018 00:01 (#6780290 - in reply to #6778731)
Subject: RE: Viper Forklift

SE MO
Yep got a couple of them seems to be good. Only had them 6 months thou.
We paid for these machines what A name brand used with 12000 hours would cost.
Who knows I may hate them in a couple years, but I hope they will last a long time no more hours we will put on them.
mdnelson86
Posted 5/27/2018 07:42 (#6780524 - in reply to #6780290)

Paxton, IL
That’s my thought too, if I buy a new one with all the options I want, it should last me basically forever no more than it gets used around here.

I feel pretty good about about the Cummins engine in the diesel model I’m looking at. Even if the company goes belly up at some point, I should still be able to find engine parts easy enough. I’m not sure if they use the same transmission as some other brands, but I’m guessing they’re assembled with somewhat common parts. I could be wrong though.
blacksmith54
Posted 11/15/2018 23:05 (#7108393 - in reply to #6780524)

Hello there,

I was wondering how you think about the Viper forklifts now that half a year has passed. Did you end up buying it? I am looking at the same machine, 6000# with a Cummins Diesel engine. Any feedback about your experience would be appreciated. I can't find any customer reviews about Viper forklifts online. That seems strange given that the representative told me they are selling 400 of them every year and have been doing so since 2013.
mdnelson86
Posted 11/16/2018 08:05 (#7108793 - in reply to #7108393)

Paxton, IL
I never did make a decision on it. I figured if I was looking at a new one then I really didn’t have to rush into it.

I’m still think they look pretty good. I’m just thinking the same as you in that I’m a little concerned about the lack of any reviews out there.
Cisco Kid
Posted 9/12/2019 16:07 (#7730389 - in reply to #7108793)

I have heard of the Vipers but never seen them. I personally sell Toyota forklifts and would highly recommend them if you're interested in owning only one forklift for a very long time. They tend to be bulletproof and retain excellent resale value.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)