AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gen 1 20/20 seed sense froze, problems.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farmer4321
Posted 5/25/2018 20:38 (#6778508)
Subject: Gen 1 20/20 seed sense froze, problems.

My Gen I 20/20 Seed Sense monitor froze suddenly yesterday. It was working, moved the tractor/planter to the field, turned it on and it couldn't get past "waiting to initialize " This morning I got it to boot up using the thumb drive download from Precision Planting website but some pages don't display properly. I called a fellow familiar with these units and he walked me thru deleting prior years data. But that didn't seem to help completely.
As it is now I can display the "Home" page and see that the planter is planting properly but as soon as you go try to display individual row data all you get an array of rectangles inside of which are tiny rectangles where characters are suppose to be. You can see the data on the home page but that data isn't getting displayed on the individual row pages.
In addition, there are other problems. For example, on the home page when you are trying to display the mini row data graph for population the scale is too big so you can't really see the smaller differences between the rows. By contrast, when you look at down pressure load cell data or singulation that data is scaled fine.
Another problem is if you get a error notice, a box appears in the middle of the screen with tiny rectangles (but no characters) as well as one or two action buttons (again with tiny rectangles but no characters).
Has anyone ever experienced this before and how did you fix it?
It's working well enough to use to plant because you can at least tell if a row unit is planting but for how long?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)