AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RC 2000, Deere planter drive, Hiniker air box issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jason Hinson
Posted 5/23/2018 19:28 (#6775476)
Subject: RC 2000, Deere planter drive, Hiniker air box issues

Kingston, Iowa
I set up a Hiniker air box to be driven with a Deere planter hydraulic motor. I'm using a Rate Controller 2000 and a 2630 to drive it. I have a scale on the Hiniker, and by using it I was able to get it to the right lbs per acre. My target rate is set at about 1/2 of what I'm actually applying so I know one of my settings is off. Guessing it is the lbs per revolution. I was shooting in the dark for all of my settings.

Anyway I planted about 70 acres yesterday with no issues. We switched operators and a half hour later I got a call that it wasn't meeting the target rate. I sent the operator home and went back to the machine about 45 minutes later. It fired up and worked like it should again. This morning it worked as it should until about the same amount of hours of operation and then the same thing. Shutting it down over lunch let it return to the normal but 2 hours later it did the same thing.

I assume that is something heating up, though it seems odd that it would take 5 hrs to get hot enough to cause problems.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)