AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling all Stanadyne/ Roosa Master experts:
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 5/23/2018 15:56 (#6775226)
Subject: Calling all Stanadyne/ Roosa Master experts:

NW KS/ SC ID

7030 Allis Chalmers with the DM4 pump, fluttery RPMs, very slow to respond, zero power (will die if hydraulic load is too much, more than 3 mph gear, etc) have to use alot of ether to start it.

It was showing minor symptoms last year, but was still usable, behaved normally once started. I thought it was fuel supply, so this spring I converted it from the early poly line suction straw setup to the newer style 1/2" line bottom draw, new hose to the filter housing, etc. No change, but still not terrible.

Seemed to run somewhat OK, figured planter duty it would get by. nope. seems to have gotten worse.

I plumbed in a holley red lift pump (same as the factory lift pump kit) with the 1/2" fittings, and no change.

Return line is free flowing, I removed return fitting off IP, pumps some fuel out when cranking, running, etc. still has glass ball, but zero buildup. zero change with fitting on, off, or return hooked up.

Unhooked from planter, brought to yard, took a bucket of water that had been sitting in the sun (not too cold) and splashed it all over, no change, still fluttering away.

Engine does not use much oil, minor blowby, seems to hit hard on ether, so I am confident the engine is OK.

Any thoughts?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)