AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 8310R Radar Speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/22/2018 06:24 (#6772848 - in reply to #6772329)
Subject: RE: Deere 8310R Radar Speed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
bcochran79 - 5/21/2018 08:33

I just bought an AgExpresss cable to feed my FmX GPS speed into the radar connector on my 8310R. Where will I find the radar connector on the tractor? What will I need to do to have the IsoBus system recognize this radar speed as the tractors ground speed? Thanks in advance!

I have an 8310R also and have done something very similar. My 8310R did not have radar nor GPS from the factory. I have an Ag Leader system installed in the tractor which now includes an InCommand 1200, GPS 6500 and SteerCommand. The Ag Leader cable has a branch labelled emulated radar OUT which goes to a connector on the tractor.

There are probably different ways to accomplish this. In my case this cable connects to a metri-pak connector underneath the cab in the general area of the muffler. As I recall there was more than one unused metri-pak connector in that general area. Your cable from AgExpress may intercept the tractor wiring at a different location.

I did need to go into the tractor menu system and make some changes. I may have notes on doing this in my shop. Part of this involved setting the calibration number. Basically I changed the speed cal by trial & error.

The first step was to be certain that I was getting speed into the system from the GPS. The HOME screen display on my tractor can be changed to show both transmission and radar ground speed. I have it show both. If the GPS ground speed is getting into the system a speed will be shown. In my case the radar speed which was displayed was not quite correct in comparing it to the Ag Leader display. I noted the number I used and entered in another number 10% different and tried again. This told me if I was changing the number in the correct direction. After that I changed the number until I was satisfied that it was close enough.

When I first got this tractor, I had an AgLeader Integra and GeoSteer installed. That combination did not allow for emulated radar speed out so I used an old hockey puck GPS speed sensor only to feed the dash. Later when I traded for the InCommand 1200, 6500 and SteerCommand the hockey puck GPS speed sensor was no longer needed since the newer system allowed for emulate radar speed out.

With the current system, I do need to type in a special code to "turn on" the emulated radar out. This gets reset to OFF when a GPS update is done. I have a similar arrangement in another tractor and noticed the other day that I don't have radar speed anymore. I'm thinking I need to type in the special code to turn it back on again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)