AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anti virus protection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 5/20/2018 17:54 (#6770209 - in reply to #6769572)
Subject: RE: anti virus protection

I'm still on Windows 7 and run Panda Internet Security.

Had Norton years ago and on slow dial up connection it was always hogging the connection with endless updates and seemed to bloat and slow things down. I also ran Zone Alarm as a firewall it worked fine until one day it locked up my computer and could not do anything.

This was on a Windows 95/ME machine.

I asked on here and Ed Boysun at the time suggested the Panda I've ran it on my XP machine and this Windows 7 machine. It flat seems to work occasionally gives notice that it has stopped or blocked something malicious and does it's thing in the background without adversely affecting speed.

Ran the free edition of Malwarebytes from time to time but last time it had to update to new version and has become as annoying as a virus as it constantly popped up it's running, its updating, wanted me to upgrade to paid version, constant pop up notifications.

Finally the trial must have expired as it has not been nagging for anything lately.

I hate programs that take over with warnings, pop ups, and extra bloat and slow down my connection by hogging all the bandwidth. With DSL from the worst provider in the country need all the connection throughput I can get. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)