AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

smartrax md
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 5/18/2018 10:20 (#6766184 - in reply to #6765815)
Subject: RE: smartrax md

Coles County, Illinois
I think you're being bulls@%ted. I had to have Raven update my MDU as no dealer had the required Raven Service Tool. Once I got the ECU and the MDU to the above posted level the difference was night and day. The statement "they said node is programed for a more accurate steering than i am running" makes no sense. While the software in the ECU knows the level of correction you're running the difference is in the level of certainty of your heading. In other words if you activate TerraStar-C you should do a 3D calibration to take full advantage of the accuracy. Once the subscription runs out redoing the calibration would calm overcorrection as the heading accuracy degrades. There isn't a separate program for each accuracy level.

Very few Raven Support personnel understand this system and I've been set on wild goose chases more often than not.
After you get the software up to spec. ,get good at doing 3D calibrations. I've found using wheel tracks or planter rows faster/easier than flags. Another thing to check is planter drift. I've seen as much as 6" on sidehills. When looking ahead it appears my tractor is driving way too far uphill from the planter marker. When I get off and look back at the planter, the marker is centered in the rows.

Edited by Herbie56 5/18/2018 10:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)