AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GnuCash, set up for a farm? Import DBF files.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 5/14/2018 12:48 (#6760004)
Subject: GnuCash, set up for a farm? Import DBF files.

East central Iowa

At a suggestion that I try to get a farmer setup in GnuCash I downloaded it and installed.  It comes with preconceived fields and they aren't related to agriculture.  A tedious process of name changes can make fields relevant, i.e. seed, fertilizer, fuel etc.  

I was going to just import a DBF file that has data and fields but GnuCash doesn't recognize a DBF file in the DBF format.  It requires that you create a CSV file from the DBF file.  I did that but still didn't have it imported.

GnuCash looks in about 7 drives before it will let you look in the drive with the file you want.  I know it's free but it seems a long way from being usable for a novice.  

If anybody has had success importing a DBF file I'd greatly appreciate some help or if anybody is using it for farming what was your experience?

If like so many programs, it's simple once you understand it then I could spend the time to help him with it.  But if it's one of those programs such as GIMP that work but you need to immerse yourself in it then I don't want to spend more time on it.

Thank you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)