AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 10/11/2006 01:12 (#50336 - in reply to #50292)
Subject: Then doesn't it follow, then, that the hoopla (that's a technical term)........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

over being careful to NOT fertilize beans with any N is overdone??

IE, if the nodules are not leaving behind the N........which is what I had been led to believe........then it would appear that trying to avoid putting on N, in order to make the plant produce its own, is not necessary................other than the cost, if any.

To say it positively..........I have been under the impression that it is best to not fertilize soybeans if that fertilizer includes N because the plant would then become dependent upon the provided N..........and would not make its own nodules.............AND THEREFORE not leave any N behind due to no nodules.

It sounds as if you're saying that the nodules leave nothing behind anyway............and therefore if the fertilizer happens to include a lot of N.........consumed by the plant in lieu of making its own.........there is no carryover effect probably of residual N (obviously depending upon the quantity applied), since the plant will consume it.

Am I close?

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by jakescia 10/11/2006 01:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)