AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anybody heard of Agridime, ntexcotton...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/12/2018 08:43 (#6756334)
Subject: Has anybody heard of Agridime, ntexcotton...?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
ntexcotton have you or any others ever heard of Agridime? https://www.agridime-cattlewanted.com/ I was contacted though email as well as bunch of others producers I know trying to source cattle. Their info doesn't jive. Email says Fort Worth, Texas, but doing some checking it shows Colorado as well. They had a Facebook page, but this looks to scamming. From all the people I know that were contacted, we figure emails lists got hacked. They had people working on it. Just curious if you or anyone else has seen this name.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 5/12/2018 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 5/12/2018 08:54 (#6756346 - in reply to #6756334)
Subject: RE: Has anybody heard of Agridime, ntexcotton...?

I was contacted about 2 days ago. I replied back with a simple “yes” I sell calves. Yesterday I got a reply back wondering when I wanted a bid and if I could get a video of the calves. Until I hear otherwise feels kind of weird to me.
Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/12/2018 09:45 (#6756415 - in reply to #6756346)

Same thing here, I got it about four days ago. I never responded. So I did some checking with people I know that don't associate with newagtalk. We are figuring a Auction company might have got hacked. I know as of Thursday they work working on it. I'm rating it right up there with all the scam phone calls lately. Even the local papers are using people to get subscriptions back. They were using a call center out of New Jersey, and spoofing local cell numbers. I went off on newspaper reporter, how could they stoop so low as to use a call center in New Jersey and do the cell phone number scam using local phone prefixes. That is as low as low. Do they really think I would ever subscribe again by doing that? I will boycott every business that uses or even lets their name being used in these scams. No reason these people can't be shut down. But it's more money for the cell phone industry I guess.
ntexcotton
Posted 5/12/2018 15:54 (#6756870 - in reply to #6756334)

North Central Texas
There business address is the container store in Fort worth and it's no where near the stockyards. They are listed as foreign. I can't find them on the gipsa sheet either.

I would say it's a scam.

Russ my email is good. Can you send me the email so I can forward it to the Rangers.
Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/12/2018 22:21 (#6757488 - in reply to #6756870)
Subject: Email sent to you ntexcotton

I sent mail to you and patt0463.

Thanks.
patt0463
Posted 5/12/2018 19:54 (#6757192 - in reply to #6756334)

NE Oregon
I got that, and my mom got it too. I did reply saying we had no calves and asked where he got my email and the response was “HI Devin,

I believe one of our previous employees found your contact info on the internet and suggested that you would be a good contact in your area to talk with about feeder cattle.

Jason “

Seemed odd to me also, but I didn’t care to look into it beyond clicking their website.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)