AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM1000 NEMA Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premoj
Posted 5/10/2018 11:50 (#6753330)
Subject: FM1000 NEMA Question

I run a FM1000 (10.13 FW) with ezpilot, this year I added a 20/20 to the equation that runs surestop electric clutches and 3 hdyraulic drives, I was getting everything calibrated in the field and ran into an issue with the clutch shutoffs, I was off 10 rows... yes rows, both in and out of the headlands. All my measurements were good (not 10 rows off), and after a few phone calls to precision, trimble and trial and error, I've come to the conclusion that in the FM1000 when the application offset on the implement is set from the hitch pin to the seed contact point, the NEMA (out of port A) was basically out putting the globe location at the application location rather than the globe location on the tractor. With a straight A-B line its not a big deal on the steering side of things, but when it came to doing identical curves, obviously it doesn't work so well. At this point I basically had to choose the lesser of 2 evils leave the application offset on the FM1000 at 0 so that the 20/20 would could use the correct measurements to control the clutches and drives and match the pivots of the planter properly. Just curious if I have a setting wrong someplace that would change this so that steering and the 20/20 would work properly? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)