AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Lap Top
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/10/2018 08:52 (#6753123 - in reply to #6753087)
Subject: RE: New Lap Top

southern MN
I started a reply last night, but got myself lost in my own complicated advice..... I've helped a lot fo friends buy a computer, but it's easier to do in the store than to write about it.....

Be careful of laptops under $350. There can be good buys out there, but those cheapies often have a very poor processor in them and quickly become overwhelmed with doing video processing, number processing, taking care of the antivirus software, decoding the many pictures and videos and sound we get from the internet connection, all at the same time.

I3 processor is ok, an I5 processor is good, you wouldn't need an I7 processor but is best.

If the machine you are looking at has a different set of numbers and letters describing the processor, be careful. A few are good, a lot of the cheaper ones are very brain-dead processors.

An iPad is a good choice for what your wife does, if she is ok with the onscreen keyboard or ok with an add-on keyboard. They are simple, fast, do the Internet very well. It takes a little bit to adjust to the differences, but it would be a good match for what she wants to do with it. If the keyboard situation works out for her.

Nearly all my interneting is on this iPad. I have a pretty fancy laptop, and a couple desktops.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)