AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sitting in the tractor watching your life's work burn up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 4/17/2018 21:35 (#6716406 - in reply to #6716166)
Subject: RE: Sitting in the tractor watching your life's work burn up.

South Central Iowa
....:(....

Well that really sucks.

I guess, number one, don't try to get to the house until it is definitely safe. The most important things, human life, are safe.

Everyone has already said God Bless and Thoughts and Prayers, and I reiterate the same. I am sure you didn't start the thread to hear the standard words; it's a way to cope and express the sadness, grief, frustration, etc that occurs in a helpless situation like this.

If I might offer my thought, don't dwell too much on what you have lost. Those are material things, that though valuable to us, are nothing compared to life. Life itself, is merely the present moment of existence, which is constructed of experiences and memories and no fire can take those away from you. What's more, the lives with whom you have built this existence are there to share in the creation of new memories and experiences while remembering all that was good about the old. So after the initial grief, embrace this new chapter of creation and remember that nothing could have been done to alter this event. The most precious things are safe!

I hope all the insurance and paper issues work exactly as they should. I hope your cattle were fortunate, but remember anything you might need to do is merciful. Things will get better, God Bless!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)