AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do farmers struggle adjusting to trend yields?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 4/18/2018 08:27 (#6716977 - in reply to #6715727)
Subject: RE: Do farmers struggle adjusting to trend yields?

IN555 - 4/17/2018 15:08

Out of respect for blu I will not comment on what I think of jp’s charting techniques. I will say if I was to trust my marketing to a broker I would probably pick gulke or van trump.
I think we all can agree trend is an upslope with the said average increases, pretty hard to argue otherwise. Better machinery, fertility, seed, drainage, and even available knowledge are all contributing.

LOL. It's nice to know you respect some chartists so there's hope! All kidding aside, all technical disciplines operate separate from fundamentals. Doesn't matter if it's Gann, EW, some squiggly line, or Andrews, none of them have a rule stating "Wave X should be .......... 'but if the fundamentals are bullish, or it isn't raining, or there are bigger exports, or more acres, or or or ' then see option b." They have their rules to handle those situations without referencing fundamentals directly. I don't know anything about Gulke, but have seen some of Trumps work, and if he was truly honest and believed in his work the way it appears he does - I bet he would say that fundamentals don't matter either. Of course he would never admit it...why? Because they are both smart business people. And to be successful in the brokerage/newsletter area, you need paying clients - the more the merrier. And it's much easier to attract and keep paying clients happy if you give them stuff they relate too...like the weather, exports or reports - even if the information is largely meaningless. You see that here over and over. They aren't stupid, they know how to keep their subscribers writing checks.

Take care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)